Wednesday, December 23, 2009

~Merry Christmas~

So this is my first blog. And this season happens to be one of the most beautiful to write about! : ) My mind fills with nostalgia....memories of past years, scents, tastes and smells of Christmas's long, long ago. Fond moments of my life that have stayed with me. I love this time of year, simply because-as corny as it may sound-it brings out the best in others. People seem to be a little more patient, a little more understanding, and a little more loving. I love how every Christmas song makes you feel cheery...and how the older ones are so perfectly penned to describe the true meaning of Christmas. "Oh Holy Night," "Oh Come Let Us Adore Him," "Silent Night," and many others tell the beautiful story of our Saviors birth. One of my favorite verses-"Truly He taught us to love one another; His law is love and His Gospel is peace. Chains shall He break for the slave is our brother, And in His Name all oppression shall cease. Sweet hymns of joy in grateful chorus raise we, Let all within us praise His holy Name"....Those words are so moving, and paints a picture of the kind of God I serve. We sang them tonight at our Candlelight service, and all I could think about is how truly thankful for all that God has placed in my life in 2009. I've been blessed beyond measure. Everyone has something to be thankful for-so during this hard time in our country, with the recession, loss of jobs, etc....Remember you've been given a Beautiful life of purpose and meaning...enjoy it to the fullest....step back to see the big picture of your life-with its dark and light moments...I always say, 'A master piece painting would not be one if the whole thing was white. It's given life when it has contrasting colors, light sides and dark.' Whatever Season You're going through-Just be at Peace. The Master is at Work-Creating Something Beautiful out of You! Merry Christmas-Have a Wonderful Time with Those You Love!

2 comments:

  1. Good stuff pretty lady. Keep 'em coming. Mike.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful post, Sharayah! i agree completely...and it's not corny at all - it's true. If it interests you, check out my seasonal blog at: http://whereschristmas.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete